Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Touching Letter From My Niece To Her Sister...

Natural-born writers. Is there such a thing? Read this letter that my niece Bailey wrote to her sister, Shelbi, upon graduation. You tell me...

Dear Shelbi,As your little and only sister, I felt the need to tell you how much I love you and how proud of you I am. We have never had the best relationship, but you're still my hero. I still remember when we were little and you would wake me up in the middle of the night begging me to stop kicking you.

As we've grown, I've seen how great and strong of a person you have become. That is why I wanted to let you know you are my inspiration in life. You make me want to live life each day with no regrets, even when time get bad.

As I saw you walking across that stage today to get that diploma, my mind started to wander. I thought as I continue to grow, I want to bejust like her. She is loved by so many people and there is no one that doesn't like her (unless they are just jealous).

I saw you looking like Barney [Elgin High School's colors are purple and white] but still as gorgeous as ever. As you walked up to see the family, tears started forming in my eyes and I realized that our days in the house are numbered. Being able to see each others faces every day.I now regret every time I was ever mad at you and refused to speak to you. At that time, I didn't realize how short our time was together and how much I will miss you.

Shelbi, you have no idea how you make me feel inside. You make me feel safe knowing that I will always have someone there for when I need them an when I don't. I know that if I'm ever in trouble, you will be there for me. You have had the greatest impact on my life and had a huge part in making me the person I am and the person I hope to be. Every day, for thirteen years, you have taught me a useful lesson.

I will miss the days of dancing with you in your room like mad women to Whitney Houston. Playing dress up and putting panties on our head. Dancing in the driveway with the sprinkler; and comparing the size of our butts and our feet. But I also look forward to the days ahead when time and maturity will help us to become the greatest of sisters; when we will refuse to compare the size of our butts in comparison to the size of our hearts.

Have an awesome experience at Blinn. I'm proud of you!

Love,

Little Sissy

No comments:

Post a Comment